Sunday, December 9, 2018

As promised...

Sorry I had to cut the last post short. It's the holidays and I'm juggling a few things right now. I'm going to tell you the little bit I know about websites that offer a variety of work from home jobs as well as part time to full time work from home jobs also. Full disclosure here, I'm still learning all about this sort of thing myself. If you've had experience with any of these websites please, by all means, bring in the knowledge! I'd love to hear from you!


Crowdsourcing Websites

Websites that fall under this category offer a variety of means for your to make some money from home without usually committing to being a full employee. This sort of work would be good for someone who already has their hands full but needs a little extra income now and then. They might have mini-jobs that require someone with a specialized skill or they might just need someone to do a little transcription or data entry. This might be a small step up from just doing surveys alone, providing a little more variety and perhaps greater frequency.


Amazon Mechanical Turk

This is probably, by far, the most popular crowd source work site. I've never heard complaints from people about pay aside from the pay being quite low. I've signed up myself and I'm just waiting to hear back from them. I'll see how it goes and get back to you.
Basically, the way Amazon Mechanical Turk works is they have a list of short tasks that need to be completed. You will have to complete one short task a day for your first ten days. Once you've reached certain milestones, 100, 500, and 1000, you'll be given access to better paying tasks. There is also an initial hold period of 10 days after you've first signed up. People say you can earn up $10 an hour, which would be lovely, so we shall see.
If you need help there are forums that help such as Mturk Crowd. There are also browser extensions and scripts that can help also. Bare in mind I haven't used these but I do plan on looking into these. Let me know if you have luck with any of these.



Click Worker

Another site, similar to Amazon Mechanical Turk, is Click Worker. However they may have take a series of assessments and, overall, the sign up process might take some time. Also it's advised you take your first few days seriously, these guys are joking. The reviews don't look great but they claim you can make well more than $10 an hour. I, personally, will stick to Amazon for the time being but I'd love to hear your experience.


Work From Home Jobs

By "work from home jobs" I mean job jobs. You are actually employed and not just filling our surveys or doing other underpaid remedial work from home occasionally. I've got an application I just sent out, myself, here recently. Wish me luck! You'd be surprised how many perfectly legitimate part time and full time jobs you can do from home (or wherever your computer happens to be.) Now there are companies, like Amazon, that might have a full time position for an engineer or other skilled job that allows them to work at home occasionally but I'm not talking about those sorts of positions. That would be great but if you're like me you're starting from the dark depths of the entry level basement.

Stitch Fix

Stitch Fix hires stylist to work from home. I hear they pay well also. I'm sharing this job because, honestly, this isn't a good fit for me. I LOVE girly clothes but I haven't worn anything fancier than jeans and a t-shirt in a very very long time. If you do happen to know whats in and whats not, whats flattering, and whats goes with what you can get a job with them picking people clothes. I know this is a dream job for someone out there!


Walgreens

I'm actually interested in this job myself with Walgreens however it does require a landline. Got a landline? Need a work from home job? This might be for you! This is basically just a customer service position and, according to Indeed, should pay a little more than $9 an hour.


Sitel

If you're not opposed to doing tech support, bearing in mind they do train, Sitel has work from home positions. I actually worked for Sitel, myself, several years ago. They tend to have lots of positions available so you might have good luck there. This is really ideal for either people with experience in tech support or people who very laid back and not easily stressed.


More Ideas

If you haven't search Indeed or any of the other job sites for "remote", "virtual", or "work from home" jobs please do, and often. If you need some inspiration here are some other ideas for work from home jobs. You can use these as search terms if any of these interest you...

  • Data Entry
  • Freelance Writer
  • Mock Juror
  • Online Chat Agent
  • Virtual Assistant


I hope you've found something that might help you. I'm clearly no expert and I'm on this journey myself. I wish you the very best of luck and I'll most likely return again with anything new I've learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Selling My Crochet Booties

Update! You won't believe this BUT a very kind man, a local business owner, has offered to buy the entire lot so long as I promise to ...