Thursday, December 6, 2018

All Hail The Bloggess!

So I was really wanting to make a post all about how LightLife's vegetarian meatballs compare to Gardein, seriously, BUT it occurs to me this might be a little more important.

I don't know if you, anonymous internet stranger out there who's stumbled upon my blog, might also be a broke parent but if you are you know how tough it is. It's especially difficult when the holidays hit. Twyla just turned 8 in November and with her birthday so close to Christmas its even more stressful. Those with kiddos who have birthday IN December, my deepest condolences. So there are toy drives, and that's wonderful, but I have no idea how to get on the receiving end of one of those. There are coat drives, thankfully we have donations available at her school but no need this year. Where else can you get help getting your kids toys or even clothes at Christmas? Bloggess to the rescue!!


A friend of mine told me about this and I was blown away. The Bloggess, a real blogger, started this yearly event on her blog that allows people who want to give anonymously and people who need help a place to come together. It's AMAZING. It's called the James Garfield Miracle. I don't want to get emotional about this but last year was particularly difficult for us and a complete stranger somewhere out in the world was SO kind and got our little girl some stuffed toys and a book. I wish I could hug him/her and tell them how much that meant to us. So (totally not wiping away tears) this year's miracle has NOT occurred yet and may not until after the 7th or so. Here's the link to last year's post if you would like a preview. I really do hope she will be posting it again this year!


Thank you SO much to The Bloggess! You are wonderful! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Selling My Crochet Booties

Update! You won't believe this BUT a very kind man, a local business owner, has offered to buy the entire lot so long as I promise to ...