Thursday, December 6, 2018

Here we go!

This is my very first post on my brand new blog! Isn't it exciting?! Well, it is for me at least.

First off, I'd like to thank you, anonymous internet stranger out there who's stumbled upon my blog! How kind of you to find your way here when, clearly, I'm sure you have far better things to do. So, let's get to it!

I'm Dawn, a chubby, middle aged, vegetarian, wife and mother. I'm extremely geeky, perhaps even nerdy, though I'm far from an intellectual. I'm socially awkward in that I'm very shy but VERY chatty, like awkward chatty. I can see people thinking to themselves, "Oh! There she is again! She's always by herself. She looks so shy and lonely, I'll go talk to her." (moments later) "She won't stop talking. Why won't she stop talking?! I can smile and nod no longer! I must get away!!" Needless to say I don't make friends easily and have very few. I do have my wonderful husband, Mike. Even though he can be a bit of a big grumpy bear I think he's a genius I know and he makes me laugh til I nearly pee and shoot almond milk out of my nose. We've been married more than 18 years. I love him more than chocolate. We have daughter, she's just turned 8. Twyla, I wanted her to have a unique but a 'real' name, is the center of my universe. I love our little girl more than I can say. She's gifted and funny and just amazing! I'll post pictures, I'll brag, that's totally a thing that's gonna' happen. Despite my isolation, in part due to financial circumstances and in part due to my being, well, me, I'm always hopeful. I know there's no such thing as luck but it feels like we've been very unlucky. Things have been progressively more and more difficult for my family but I keep thinking, somehow, everything will be okay. I'm a bit of a mess but I think it'll be alright... somehow.

So why do I have this blog? Why would anyone, anywhere be remotely interested in anything I have to say? Good question, anonymous internet stranger out there who's stumbled upon my blog! Here's the thing, I have interests. I know very few people, full stop, let alone anyone who's interested in the things I'm interested in. I want to broadcast my ideas, maybe even help other people if I can with the mundane silly helpful things I've discovered.
For one thing I'm a Mom. What Mom doesn't have pearls of wisdom she casts out into the world whether the world wants them or not? However, in particular, I'm a Mom that struggles with social anxiety which makes life interesting. If I've found anything that's helped me, maybe, it can help someone else too?
I'm a vegetarian of the last few years. I actually started as a vegan but a few months ago I added eggs and some dairy to my diet. I still think a vegan diet is kindest but, for us, this is what works. People are often curious about what my family eats, what my daughter eats in particular. I'd be happy to share my own tried and true family recipes as well as give my own review of vegetarian products. I'm not out to convert anybody, you do you, but if you're new to avoiding meat I might have some advice for ya.
I love to crochet though I tend to have times where I crochet until my fingers nearly fall off and other times when I don't touch a hook for months. I really wanted to sell my crochet baby booties, bonnets, and what not but it just didn't work out. I couldn't even afford to keep my etsy shop up and running. I might return to that endeavor in the future but for now I might just share my latest projects, pattern reviews, and maybe share my own patterns I've written myself. Thread crochet is my love and I really wish I knew more people who loved it also.
Lastly, I'm a big old geeky, nerdly, nerd. I love games and books and movies that seem to appeal to a certain type of person. So if you're the type of person who loved also loves card games, boards games, Star Trek and other science fiction goodness, video games, and all that wonderful junk then I might have something for you too. I was thinking of doing movie reviews, then again maybe not. Who wants read my complaints of how the book is always always always better than the movie? No? No takers? Maybe not then.

So this is me and what I plan to do here. It's been really wonderful talking to you, anonymous internet stranger out there who's stumbled upon my blog. I hope you'll come back again.

5 comments:

  1. I’m not a stranger, but I’ll be back! ❤️
    -Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there not a Stranger! You should put something on your blog! I'd love to see! :D Thanks so much for stopping by!

      Delete
    2. Do I have a blog? LOL! I vaguely remember starting one years ago.. I’ll have to check it out.

      Delete
  2. I love it Dawn!!! Angie Jackson from Facebook :P

    ReplyDelete

Selling My Crochet Booties

Update! You won't believe this BUT a very kind man, a local business owner, has offered to buy the entire lot so long as I promise to ...